This blog is about a lot of things, but at its heart, it’s about living the way Christ intended for us. That’s the message I hope to carry as I drop my various thoughts and ideas.
Another subject you will find posts on is writing. I want to give all writers out there my personal experience in the art and what I have learned since beginning this journey of back in November 2011.
Historical apologetics and scholarship are other recent additions to the site. I see so many misconceptions of the Christian doctrine, so shedding some light and understanding is something that is important to me.
In the end, if there’s one thing this blog will never stray from, it’s the glorious Gospel of Christ. I hope this blog encourages you and educates in every way possible.
Since beginning apologetics, I have set comments on the site to be approved by the administrator for a couple of reasons. These commenting guidelines should clear some things up.
1. Any comments containing profanity or any sort of abusive or vulgar language will not be published. I commonly see those against religion post a comment on a Christian site (mainly a facebook or youtube channel) using profanity. Intentional language will be banned.
2. Irrelevant arguments will not be posted. This is something I see just as often as vulgar language. Bringing up Santa on a post about Greco-Roman Biographies is unprofessional and will not be posted. Please don’t divert from the subject of the post you’re commenting on. I will allow a little off-hand commentary, but any further will be banned.
3. Offensive or immature name calling will be banned. Calling Jesus “Jeebus” or “bronze age sky daddy” (or anything immature like those) will not be allowed. Quoting passages and using only the word “barbaric” only as an argument is a personal pet peeve of mine and will not be tolerated. Also the use of racially offensive terms such as “desert people” or “illiterate sheep herders” will be banned. Anyone using these terms shows they have nothing intelligent to say in the first place. This has no bearing on atheists or skeptics that have honest questions, but childish language is not allowed.
4. Insults such as “this is dumb” or “this guy is an idiot” will result in a quick ban.
5. This probably won’t ever happen, but please don’t object to censorship or the fact that I moderate comments. If you’re curious to know why that’s fine.
6. Really long comments may get a ban if they break rule number 2. If possible, please remain in a 500-word limit so as not to overwhelm. Also please refrain from posting more than one comment (in other words, no continued comments). In summary, keep is succinct
7. I’ve not experienced this too much, but if you’re going to reblog me with an objection, please make sure you understand the topic.
8. Plagiarism will result in an instant ban. No copying and pasting unless you give credit to the author and the post or book it came from.
9. Finally, posting an accusation showing you didn’t read the post will be banned.
In the end, WordPress is often a much more professional base than youtube (where these guidelines are really needed), but just to be sure, these guidelines should help. I’m more than happy to have an intelligent conversation with anyone who’s curious and willing to learn.
Thanks for reading!